Link has been copied to the clipboard
Country Engagement Advisor
International Planned Parenthood Federation Europe & Central Asia (IPPF Europe & Central Asia)
- Location: Malaysia, Kazakhstan
- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Civil Society
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Anyone can apply
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:Malaysia, Kazakhstan
• Under the leadership of the Managing Director, Asia Pacific Regional Hub, and in collaboration with regional country-based focal points and partners, the rest of the Hub team including the Country Engagement Advisor-Central Asia, will connect with staff throughout the Support Network as appropriate, provide strategic support for all designated countries in the region, including:
o Support FP2030 commitment-making countries in developing and advancing their FP2030 commitment-making process based on the commitment toolkit, country-specific analyses, and country requests.
o Support engagement with new countries and other key country partners in the region in order to secure political commitment to FP2030, as appropriate.
o Design and execute convenings (to include virtual and in-person convenings as appropriate) of focal points and country partners.
o Identify, communicate, and oversee focused areas of support in collaboration with broader Secretariat teams and external partners to advance progress in country commitments across key thematic areas, including data, adolescents and youth, rights, financing, High Impact Practices (HIPs) in FP, Emergency Preparedness and Resilience (EPR), FP integration.
o Contribute to country/regional sharing of best practices, lessons learned, and available tools, resources and up to date information across the designated countries.
• Provide support to deliver on cross-cutting FP2030 priorities in the designated countries, such as: promoting a rights-based approach to FP policy, programs, and service delivery; highlighting evidence, country data, and High Impact Practices (HIPS); ensuring programs reach and meet the needs of adolescents and young people and other marginalized groups such as those living with disability; and working with countries to build resilience plans for FP in times of crisis and displacement.
• Contribute to annual and quarterly work plans and budgets to provide value-added support to accelerate country progress in designated countries. Prepare regular work plan reviews and timely reports on progress/challenges.
External Relations and Communications
• Contribute to high level engagement meetings by documenting progress and key challenges, and by drafting clear and concise executive summaries of countries achievements and challenges.
• In consultation with the Managing Director, manage regular meetings with key regional partners (e.g. UNFPA WCARO, USAID, FCDO, etc.) and participate in FP2030 external events, meetings and on task teams.
• In collaboration with the Managing Director, identify opportunities and events/conferences to highlight FP2030 and the accomplishments of the FP2030 movement, especially in the area of country achievements.
• In collaboration with the Communications team, identify and support development of communications opportunities and messaging that can be featured in regional communications as well as in global FP2030 communications such as the FP2030 newsletter, website/social media, and/or annual progress reports.
Other relevant duties
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor’s degree in public health, public policy, international development, business administration, economics, or other directly related field.
● Master’s degree preferred.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in global health, family planning, reproductive health, international development, or a related field.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]