Link has been copied to the clipboard
Director of People, Culture, and Operations
Urgent Action Fund for Feminism Activism (UAF)Remote (local)
- Career category:Human Resources (HR)
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Civil Society
- Remote option:Remote (local)
- Right to work requirements:Right to work required in advance
- Salary: $ 152512 / yearly
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Permanent
- Location:United States
- Develop and manage HR & Operations strategy and goals, with feedback from the Management Team.
- Drive HR & Operations team growth and functioning – develop team structure and staff new positions, articulate lines of collaboration among team members, oversee development of annual workplan, and manage ongoing work of the team.
- Use data to effectively evaluate the organization’s progress and iterate your approach and priorities.
- Lead, develop, and implement plans for HR matters, including compensation, benefits, employee satisfaction and retention, health and safety, and more.
- Be the champion and tone setter for organizational culture by leading and implementing the usage of new tools, organizational structures, and strategies for performance evaluation, recruitment, staffing, training, learning and development, and more.
Organizational Culture, Strategy & Leadership (Approximately 35% of the role)
- As part of the Management Team, collaborate to set organizational goals, work plans, meetings, retreats, strategy, and calendaring for your department and the organization.
- Collaborate with UAF’s Director of Finance to plan and implement the separation of UAF’s Finance team with the HR and Operations team into 2 different departments.
- Drive organizational culture – Be the primary champion for organizational values and infuse them into every aspect of UAF’s HR and Operations infrastructure.
Operational Efficiency and Systems Development (Approximately 25% of the role)
- Lead and drive the development and implementation of efficient operational processes and systems to support the organization's growth.
- Oversee IT consultants and digital and physical asset management, ensuring security, tracking, and efficient data management.
- Partner with UAF’s HR Staff and Consultants to review and assess UAF’s current HR functioning, developing a roadmap for UAF’s HR work.
- Regularly refresh and update UAF’s HR policies and procedures.
- Review and streamline operational processes and systems for enhanced efficiency.
- Lead on best practices to maintain a safe and well-organized digital asset management system.
- Lead the creation of a newly formed People, Culture and Operations department as it splits from UAF’s Finance Team.
- Lead and project manage up to 5 hires through 2025
- Identify and ensure staff pursue professional development opportunities.
- Improve team structure, post, and hire positions within HR and Operations teams.
- A critical understanding of and familiarity with feminisms, social justice, disability justice, and human rights issues facing women, trans, gender non-binary, and intersex people, including operationalizing these principles into practice.
- 7 to 10 years of overall professional experience with 5 years of broad Human Resources and Operations leadership experience as a people manager.
- Bachelor’s degree with professional HR or other relevant certification, work, education, or lived experience.
- Deep knowledge of HR, People Ops, and Organizational Development (OD) best practices rooted in equity, justice, and liberation with a demonstrated commitment to continuous
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required up to 15% of the time
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]