The Executive Director is a newly created position that will play a crucial role in leading the implementation of the current Nalafem strategy and managing the transformation of Nalafem from its current stage to a more mature organisation capable of delivering on its long-term vision. Specifically, the Executive Director will ensure that Nalafem’s programmatic, fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resource, and technology, are effectively implemented across the organisation.
The Executive Director will report to the Nalafem Board and the Advisory Council and will work in collaboration with the Nalafem President on advocacy, fundraising, recruitment and external communications. Specifically, the Executive Director will be responsible for the following:
Strategy and leadership
● Managing the strategic direction and priorities for Nalafem in close consultation with staff and partners via the implementation and further development of the Nalafem 2023 -2027
● Oversight of the development and delivery of Nalafem programmes and six flagship projects including the annual Summit, Nala Fund and Academy to mention a few.
● Oversee Nalafem’s systemized approach to Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, linked to strategic outcomes, through providing strategic guidance and support to Nalafem’s MEL team.
Advocacy and coalition building
● Leading on the development and implementation of the Nalafem advocacy and external relations strategy, working in collaboration with the President to manage engagement with existing and prospective governments, civil society, and private sector partners.
● Serves as a key thought leader, leveraging the work of Nalafem to influence thinking, policy, and practice around young women’s engagement in economic and political development across Africa.
● Participating in external communications and media engagements as an official Nalafem public spokesperson.
Team Culture and Staff management
● Oversee recruitment and induction of staff
● Modelling Nalafem values and culture internally and externally; nurturing a healthy workplace culture at Nalafem focused on humility, inclusion, respect, collaboration, innovation, and openness, and whether all members of the team are able to show up authentically.
Resource mobilisation & Financial management
● In partnership with The President, manage the Fundraising Pipeline, ensuring Nalafem brand equity, can attract the necessary level of investment needed to effectively implement our strategy.
● Supervising financial management and operations functions, working in close collaboration with the Head of Operations, to ensure optimal allocation and use of resources.
Board and Council stewardship
● Support the Nalafem Board to ensure adequate engagement and composition to enable effective operational support and governance oversight, and implement decisions of the Board
● Work closely with the Nalafem Advisory Council to facilitate effective oversight, and stewards board engagement and composition to enable effective support and oversight.
● In partnership with the Nalafem Advisory Council Chair, supporting the development and management of key Advisory Council initiatives, including regular Council Meetings and the biennial Nalafem Summit.
● Provide regular reports and ensure accountability to Nalafem’s Board and the Council, as well as support Board accountability to the broader Nalafem community.