Link has been copied to the clipboard
- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Humanitarian
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Civil Society
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:International contract
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:Senegal, Dakar
- Lead on and coordinate data and information management activities related to Gender Based Violence in Emergencies in the Arab States region.
- Support the coordination of the regional GBViE working group by bringing in evidence-based analysis as required, and a broad understanding of regional members of field level GBV IM capacities and tools.
- Work at the intersection between country and global level, closely cooperating with the global GBV AoR to make sure that regional perspectives are considered in the drafting of global guidance, tools and standards for GBV IM but also ensuring the proper implementation of such initiatives at field level and leading in development and collaboration on regional capacity building strategies and initiatives in relation to GBV IM.
- Provide technical leadership to GBV information management staff in field operations, ensuring they receive substantive guidance and directives for the timely collection and dissemination and production of information on GBV, the strengthening of systems and tools for needs assessment on GBV as well as the analysis and sharing of such data.
- Lead, facilitate and support capacity building activities and plans, that target specifically GBV coordinators and GBV Information Management Officers as well as GBV sub-cluster/working group member organisations, in the field of Information Management, needs assessment and response monitoring, including through needs analysis, strategic advice, surge and remote deployment.
- Support the coordination and implementation of GBV needs assessments and monitoring, including participation in joint needs assessments with other partners/clusters. Support design of appropriate methodology and tools, analysis and reporting for GBV IM.
- Provide technical and thematic guidance and support in GBV (sub-cluster) information management, supporting the region with the implementation of humanitarian GBV IM systems and delivering on minimum IM deliverables for the GBV sub-cluster (e.g., 5W, service mapping, data visualisation, secondary data reviews, etc.)
- Support advocacy with regional and field operations decision makers - in particular within protection for and relevant government networks, on GBViE technical related matters, including GBV Information Management strategies, needs, resources and best practices.
- Advanced University Degree or equivalent in information management, information services or social sciences or other related field such as gender studies, social anthropology, law and women’s rights, sociology, cultural studies, public health, demography, international relations, international law, socioeconomics, or other related field.
- 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in areas relevant to Information Management, analysis, or needs assessments. Experience in the GBV IM field is an added value.
- Required demonstrable professional experience in the cluster system and inter-agency coordination.
- Proven experience technically leading/advising and monitoring teams, including remotely.
- Successful experience designing and implementing capacity development plans and activities. Experience in capacity development for GBV IMs/GBV Coordinators is an added value.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]