Link has been copied to the clipboard
- Career category:Comms/ Digital/ Media
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:0-5 years
- Organisation type:Civil Society
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Nationals-only contract
- Salary: $ 65000-80000 / yearly
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:United States , Washington, DC
- Develop and execute a proactive media strategy that prioritizes securing earned media and other visibility for the organizations.
- Create media-worthy storylines and engage in extensive pitching at the national and local levels.
- Support candidates and elected officials in securing mutually beneficial earned media coverage and in communications crisis situations.
- Produce media releases, advisories and statements for newsworthy moments and in rapid-response scenarios.
- Respond to media inquiries and act as a background source of information.
- Maintain reporter relationships and cultivate new relationships to expand the organizations’ press lists.
- Write op-eds and opinion pieces on behalf of Victory spokespeople.
- Prepare the President & CEO and other leadership staff for speaking roles and interviews, including drafting speeches and talking points.
- Monitor and report on media coverage secured for the organization and on behalf of candidates or elected officials.
- Work with the Digital Director to produce The Agenda and OutPower
- Expand relationships with third party partners at the national and local level.
- Lead media trainings for LGBTQ+ candidates and elected officials.
- Develop external messaging materials like talking points and fact sheets for distribution to key stakeholders, candidates and elected officials and the media.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, plus at least four years’ experience in media relations and communications; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in rapid response situations where urgency is a necessity.
- Strong understanding of media and experience in writing media releases, statements and pitching stories to reporters.
- Existing relationships with reporters is a major plus.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and familiarity with media monitoring platforms such as Meltwater and/or Cision.
- Understanding of social media strategy.
- Interest in and knowledge of the LGBTQ+ movement and U.S. politics.
- Position is located in Washington, DC
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]