Strategic Partnerships & Leadership
● Lead and collaborate with external partners, aligned actors, and Wedu’s team to advance Wedu’s priorities within the new strategic plan (2023-2026).
● Provide thought partnership to the Executive Director and deputise for her.
● Build strong relationships with stakeholders to understand issues and priorities related to women’s leadership and capture outcomes and learnings to share with the sector.
● Oversee the Women’s Leadership Academies and other partner-led and consortium projects and line-manage project leads.
● Ensure Wedu’s strategic initiatives are implemented, tracked, and achieved and
● Design and execute strategic initiatives, and lead the preparation of materials for the annual planning process, strategic reviews, and learning sessions in support of the new strategy.
Movement Building & Communications
● Serve as the primary spokesperson for Wedu, representing the organisation at conferences, events and using speaking engagements to increase our visibility and reputation. The Director will need the ability to travel internationally, approximately once a quarter.
● Strategise on movement building and communications initiatives to ensure Wedu’s narrative is congruent and empowers our team, global community, and external partners.
● Oversee Wedu’s communications and marketing strategies and line-manage the communications team, nurturing staff talent.
● Support the planning and execution of signature activations, such as Wedu’s annual Women’s Leadership Summit and annual giving and allyship campaigns.
● Support the production of outward-facing learning and thought pieces, blogs, and articles to promote best practices and learnings.
● Ensure Wedu’s web and social media presence align with and drive strategic messaging. Innovate ways for Wedu to further develop a digital presence and brand authority.
● Secure resources, pioneer new revenue models, and garner the mission-aligned support required for Wedu to have impact at scale.
● Effectively engage and steward relationships with key Foundations, Trusts, and Corporations, and other funding partners.
● Work with the leadership team to shape and implement Wedu’s fundraising strategy and develop, update and implement organisational policies as-needed.
● Stay abreast of funding opportunities and manage bids, pitches, and proposal submissions for strategic opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
● Embody a passion for gender equity, with a demonstrated commitment to advancing women’s leadership.
● Proven ability to lead through influence, ideas, and exceptional communication skills.
● Substantive and relevant professional experience, with an excellent track record of achievement in roles of increasing responsibility and at least five years in a leadership role.