Link has been copied to the clipboard
- Location: Kenya, Rwanda
- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Civil Society
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Anyone can apply
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:Kenya, Rwanda
- Develop One Acre Fund’s Gender Vision and Strategy - You will develop a data-driven gender strategy to dismantle the barriers faced by women farmers and ensure One Acre Fund’s farmer-facing and organizational-wide work contributes to gender equity, equality, and empowerment of women.
- Gender Programming & Gender-Transformative Design - To strengthen the capacity of our project teams, you will assemble a learning platform and provide strategic and technical assistance for country teams to develop and fine-tune strategies, identify and address gaps, document organization-wide innovation, and showcase the results and impact of gender-centric interventions.
- Enhancing the power and agency of women's voices - You will provide thought partnership to organizational leadership to build gender capacity across the organization and promote decision-making that prioritizes gender representation throughout the organization. You will also help increase the technical capacity of external implementation partners such as national and local systems actors with whom One Acre Fund works, to deliver gender-responsive services across our country portfolio.
Career Growth and Development
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, gender / women studies or related field.
- 5+ years of practical experience leading complex gender-centric field programs in Sub-Saharan Africa. Prior experience developing gender equality strategy, gender programming, and complex project management and implementation is essential..
- Genuine commitment to rural communities. You are passionate about providing opportunity to the hardest-working (women) farmers on the planet.
Preferred Start Date
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]