Essential Job Responsibilities
● Guide the technical development and implementation of SJP programming.
● Conduct technical assessments to identify priority needs, including staff capacity and program implementation.
● Develop relevant strategies - such as gender equality and social inclusion or protection - to guide direction, priorities, and approach across the life of the program, based on initial assessments.
● Provide ongoing technical support to SJP programming including technical oversight and field monitoring of program staff, in close coordination with the Co-Creation Program manager, to ensure high-quality implementation.
● Identify and lead key aspects for the integration of overarching SJP programs thematic areas and other components and points of collaborations to achieve larger SJP impact
● Lead the promotion of PSEA and Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) principles through the planning and implementation of operations and strategies.
● Coordinates with relevant colleagues (Protection, GBV) and other Technical support units for harmonisation of standards and practices.
● Support integration of gender equality and social inclusion into the program’s M&E to ensure that GESI is reflected in output, outcome, and impact level indicators and that sex and age disaggregated data is regularly collected and reflected upon to inform adaptations to inform high quality programming.
● Help build a robust technical M&E plan as well as assessment tools for monitoring and gender analysis including GBV.
● Contributes to case studies, best practices, lessons learnt and other knowledge products.
● Work with the program team to ensure a do no harm approach to gender-focused and inclusive programming is implemented and the appropriate protections are in place for participants.
TEAM AND MANAGEMENT
ACCOUNTABILITY TO PARTICIPANTS
Knowledge and Experience
● University Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Health, Gender, Human Rights and Development, or other field directly related to the subject matter
● Seven years of increasingly responsible professional experience in issues related to gender equality, gender-based violence (GBV), and/or social protection and development;
● Experience with gender equality, women’s development and rights-based programming, both at field level and national levels;
● Experience in addressing gender and social equity issues in culturally sensitive programming;
● In-depth understanding of key GBV issues, drivers, and response mechanisms and actors in Nepal.
● Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
● Experience working with a range of stakeholders and partners, at various levels;
● Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and Nepali;