- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Civil Society
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Nationals-only contract
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Leads in the conceptualization, design, implementation and coordination of the Gender Justice and Women’s Rights Programme and projects within the programme.
- Ensures an integrated delivery of the Programmes and Projects in line with Oxfam’s One Programme Approach.
- Engages with other country Programmes, Oxfam in Africa, Oxfam International and affiliates to support effective implementation of campaigns and influencing programs on GJ & WR, Accountable Governance, Climate Justice and Humanitarian Systems Strengthening.
- Closely monitors country level and regional trends on Women’s Rights and Gender Justice and provide timely advise to the country team on ways to respond; and maximize positive impact from the country’s interventions including on Feminist leadership approaches.
- Provides technical guidance and support to the implementation of key projects by working in collaboration with countries as well as Oxfam partners on GJ & WR.
- Leads and/or coordinates capacity building initiatives for partners on relevant approaches and tools including but not limited to the Care work, Feminist Principles and Approaches.
- Broker relationship and identify key partnerships with civil society organizations, the private sector, and governments, establish/strengthen coalitions/networks/alliances to enhance Oxfam’s work under the Gender Justice and Women’s Rights Programme
Research, knowledge generation, campaigns and policy influencing – 25%
- Provides thought leadership and adopts a political economy analysis to Gender Justice and Women’s rights work.
- Shares relevant information and tools such as briefing papers, internal documents and reports with relevant teams, partners, and allies, as necessary.
- Supports the convening of key stakeholders to shape correct and impactful narratives which in turn achieve design influence on issues of gender justice and women’s rights work in the country.
Human resource management – 5%
- Manage direct reports in in line with Oxfam’s HR policies and procedures.
- Manage direct reports in a way that enables them to achieve their objectives and empowers them to deliver to their full potential.
- With support from HR, manages the life cycle of individuals within their team from pre-recruitment to exit, including performance management processes, and working with HR on issues such as disciplinary matters.
- Professional/technical qualifications – a bachelor’s degree in law, Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences or governance related field.
- Fluency in English with knowledge of Swahili an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience in designing, managing and delivering on Gender Justice and Women’s Rights in a non-governmental (national or international) or similar institutional setting.
- Proven experience in working in complex, dispersed organizations with evidence of facilitating and integrating a specific area of expertise across a wide network, contributing to vision setting and implementation with impact, some level of decision-making and the delivery of agreed results.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]