Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) & Protection, Gender, and Inclusion (PGI) Officer
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Location: Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan
- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Humanitarian
- Experience level:0-5 years
- Organisation type:Inter-governmental
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Nationals-only contract
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan
- Support the roll out of a systematic and integrated approach to CEA within the IFRC and across all National Societies in the cluster through mainstreaming CEA in NS and IFRC plans, processes, and procedures;
- Work closely with National Society and IFRC sector colleagues to help them identify gaps in their approach to CEA and support them to address these by integrating and/or scaling up appropriate CEA approaches;
- Support the inclusion of CEA in emergency operations and plans within the cluster, including providing and organising CEA surge capacity support to NS;
- Support the technical advice for CEA within the cluster, support the provision of advice and training to NSs and IFRC staff
• Act as the focal point and resource person in the Country Cluster on protection, gender and inclusion
• Support the technical and financial implementation of the PGI and Safeguarding action plans in the different countries. Act as PGI and Safeguarding focal point in the different inter-agency forums in the Cluster Countries. Provide technical advice on integrating PGI into programmes, projects and humanitarian responses in the region
• Contribute to the design and implementation of programmes in line with the needs and tailored to reach the specific needs of a particular group or groups – i.e., disability support, SGBV (Sexual and Gender Based Violence) response, child protection – whilst integrating effectively with other sectors and existing capacities.
• Encourage and support the implementation of child protection activities amongst National Societies, especially in regard to child friendly spaces.
• Monitor and report upon the changing context and the protection risks to ensure that prevention, mitigation and response activities are targeted and adapted to the changing context, risks and needs. Contribute this information to operations and programme coordinators, needs assessments and operational plans, humanitarian diplomacy efforts, communication materials, community engagement and accountability and donor reporting.
- An advanced university degree in a relevant area such as social sciences/behavioral/communication sciences or equivalent experience.
Academic qualification or equivalent professional training in community development, social work, legal and human rights, social science, public health, or any other related field.
- 3 years of experience in a CEA related role, for example, beneficiary communication, social mobilization, community engagement, communication for development, accountability officer and at least 3-5 years of experience working with protection, gender and/or gender-based violence, including safeguarding
- Fluently spoken and written English and Russian
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]