- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Inter-governmental
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Nationals-only contract
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to gender equality, women’s rights and governance including women’s political participation.
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation;
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/project; ensure synergies with other teams;
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the MCO programming on gender equality, women’s political empowerment and leadership women’s rights and governance; respond to any potential problems;
Manage the implementation of programme/ project activities through monitoring and reporting:
- Manage the monitoring of programme/ project implementation and finances using results-based management tools;
- Oversee field missions and review reports on monitoring missions;
Manage the people and financial resources of the MCO programs on gender equality, women’s political empowerment and leadership women’s rights and governance:
- Manage the programme budget and draft financial reports;
- Supervise Programme Analysts and Technical Specialists as necessary; Mentor and coach staff and do performance assessments as necessary;
Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies:
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Finalize relevant documentation on donors and potential opportunities for resource mobilization;
Contribute to inter-agency coordination to achieve a coherent and aligned presence for the MCO on gender equality, women’s political empowerment and leadership, women’s rights and governance:
- Provide technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by attending meetings, events, and participating in groups and committees as needed;
- Coordinate with other UN agencies, government departments, donors and NGOs to ensure the projects’ capacity development programme is harmonized and aligned with other in-country efforts.
Manage advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Develop and review background documents, briefs and presentations related to the areas of gender equality. women’s rights and governance;
- Represent UN Women in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to gender equality, women’s rights and governance as necessary;
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects focusing on gender equality and the empowerment of women;
- Fluency in English is required.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]