- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Experience level:Not specified
- Organisation type:Research
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Anyone can apply
- Salary: $ 45585-57696 / yearly
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:United Kingdom
- Teaching: writing lecture material and presenting information in lectures; marking student papers; may be member of departmental planning team to determine teaching programme for the academic year; takes feedback from students to improve teaching methodologies and content within the department/faculty; for example, will make changes to course material; changing and adapting course material following research; providing guidance and advice to students e.g. career advice or pastoral care regarding personal issues.
- Research – publications: writing papers on topics relevant to specialist subject area(s). This will include journals, books and other material.
- Research active: investigating new areas of research within specialist subject area; identifying research topics; determining appropriate research methodologies for research; adapting research methodologies; applying appropriate research methodologies for research and analysing results/conclusions to formulate new concepts and ideas; writing reports to relevant bodies about progress of research.
- Examinations: writing examination papers; marking examination papers for graduate and undergraduate students; writing examination reports for faculty/departmental review; writing dissertation reports; providing references for students
- Administration: may be member of departmental/faculty subject group, determining teaching requirements; actively investigating funding opportunities within area of research – this will include submitting research grant applications; may participate in relevant committees within department/faculty; may, on occasion, participate in school/University committees where appropriate and/or where invited
- Postgraduate Students: mentoring and guiding the work and research of postgraduate students.
- External: attending conferences in specialist subject area to liaise and network with national/international colleagues the role holder may, on occasion, be invited to give presentations and lectures in his/her specialism and/or organise sessions in conferences or workshops; participating in external working groups – on occasions the role holder may be asked to participate in collaborative projects; may provide references on behalf of academic colleagues; may participate in peer review of publications.
- Other: undertake additional duties as appropriate
- This section details the knowledge, skills and experience we require for the role.
- Education Educated to degree level, normally with a PhD in the Sociology or a cognate discipline. If the PhD is in a cognate field, then you must demonstrate the ability to make substantial contributions to research and teaching in Sociology.
- Evidence of the ability to engage in high-level internationally renowned research, with publications and participation in scholarly activity commensurate with stage of career.
- Willing and demonstrates the ability to take a leading role in the supervision of advanced research students
- Demonstrate a firm commitment to teaching at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- A track record in ensuring research funding for both local and global projects, as necessary
- Skills Ability to develop University level courses in relevant areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to demonstrate engaging and effective communication with students and colleagues in their research area
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]