- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Humanitarian
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Inter-governmental
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:International contract
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
• Facilitate inter-agency, multi-sectoral GBV-SC at national and sub-national levels. Promote, respect and ensure that the Principles of Partnership are reflected in the day-to-day work of the GBV-SC. Establish result-oriented, two-way communication channels between national and sub-national GBV-SC to ensure a standardized response to GBV.
B. Support service delivery
• In collaboration with national and international GBV actors, map current institutional response capacities, including facilitating mapping of GBV-specific 3Ws.
C. Strategic Planning
• Lead a process to develop a realistic, evidence-based multi-sectoral and inter-agency prevention and response plan. Promote engagement of a range of sectors and ensure realistic benchmarks and timelines for achieving set objectives. Regularly monitor progress against plan during coordination meetings. Allow space for new actors to engage with plan over the course of the crisis response.
D. Capacity Development
• Work with partners to develop an inter-agency GBV capacity development strategy that meets the needs and priorities of key national and local stakeholders to facilitate implementation of the agreed work plan and preparedness.
• Revise existing training materials according to local context and ensure partners’ access to relevant training sessions.
• Ensure the advocacy “key deliverables” for cluster coordination of the GBV-SC are in place and regularly updated.
• Provide technical support to the development of relevant advocacy and policy documents to address GBV in emergencies, in the context of broader gender inequality issues.
F. Information Management
In line with WHO’s Ethical and Safety Recommendations for Researching, Documenting and Monitoring Sexual Violence in Emergencies and the GBV AoR Information Management tools and resources:
• Facilitate and, where possible, participate in regular inter-agency joint field monitoring missions in support of GBV-SC Coordination and provision of GBV services in emergencies (GBViE);
• Coordinate with OCHA for country-based pool funds (CBPF) funded projects monitoring, review and reporting and provide expert actions
H. Programme Management and Monitoring
• Manage implementation of GBV-SC related programming, involve in the planning, monitoring and reporting of relevant GBV projects.
● Experience leading inter-agency coordination mechanisms with a wide range of stakeholders, preferably on prevention and response to GBV. Demonstrable knowledge of the critical components to facilitate effective inter-agency coordination.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]