- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:10+ years
- Organisation type:Consultancy
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Anyone can apply
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:Papua New Guinea
- Demonstrate a visible and systematic commitment to achieving gender equality at Abt and within National and Sub-national Government.
- Demonstrate progress toward achieving agreed gender equality performance objectives.
- Develop Abt and Government processes to facilitate good practice regarding gender equality and disability inclusion and include these as part of the Gender, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) Strategy.
- Support GEDSI within program implementation by:
- Act as a key member of the PIE Executive Leadership team.
Gender Equity & Social Inclusion:
- Support the NDoE and DHERST Co-Chairs and ensure secretariat services to the PIE GEDSI Technical Working Group.
- Attend and contribute to sub-national steering committee meetings, the PIE Joint Steering Committee meeting and other relevant technical working groups as required.
- Implement the GEDSI Strategy, ensuring alignment with relevant Government of Papua New Guinea and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) policy documents.
- Manage the GEDSI and Safeguarding coordinator to operationalise the overarching GEDSI Strategy.
- Attend NDoE and Program governance meetings as required.
- Act as a focal point for AQEFA within the School Grants Division.
- Provide oversight for the receipt of AQEFA acquittals to ensure alignment to GTFS policy, processes and public financial management rules.
- Support NDoE analysis and monitoring of the AQEFA account, disbursements, monthly financial statements, and summary quarterly reports.
- Design and disseminate communication products and regular updates on AQEFA lessons learned, trends, adaptations, results etc.
For applications to be considered, a response to the key selection criteria below must be provided.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related fields or disciplines such as education related international development, gender equality, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI), monitoring and evaluation, project management or public policy.
- Ten plus experience in international development, humanitarian or education-sector programs is required. PNG or Pacific experience is highly desirable.
- A demonstrated understanding of GEDSI and safeguarding and how to apply best fit practices for contextually appropriate education development programming.
- Experience in broad coordination and facilitation internally and capacity building to internal and external stakeholders in GEDSI.
- Familiarity with organisation-wide aid management and quality assurance systems.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills including the preparation of reports, briefs and policy analysis for a government and key stakeholder audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationship management skills with proven results in working with senior leaders, external stakeholders and officials to achieve outcomes.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]