Senior Gender Affairs Officer
Office of the Special Envoy of the Secretary-General for Yemen (OSESGY)
- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Humanitarian
- Experience level:10+ years
- Organisation type:Inter-governmental
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:International contract
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
• Provides senior management with analysis and guidance on ensuring effective implementation of Women Peace and Security mandates and Departmental policies on gender equality.
• Supports and assists senior management to meet their accountability goals on gender equality in line with the Security Council mandates on women peace and security.
• Oversees the development of a mission-wide action plan to translate existing mandates and policies on the promotion of gender equality in all civilian and uniformed activities in peace operations.
• Establishes and oversee mechanisms for monitoring, evaluating and reporting on gender mainstreaming in mission activities.
• Coordinates and collaborates with the Mission Senior Women Protection Adviser and supports the work of Conflict Related Sexual Violence/Sexual and Gender Based Violence (CRSV/SGBV) in accordance with comprehensive strategies to combat CRSV where is applies.
• Supports Mission leadership to engage with relevant international regional and national actors on the participation and inclusion of women in all phases of post conflict governance and peacekeeping/peacebuilding programmes.
• In collaboration with the Mission and UNCT partners, advises and technically supports national authorities, civil society organizations and human rights machineries on advancing the Women, Peace and Security agenda
• Supports women's participation in collaboration with UN agencies and Human Rights Division in the fight against violent extremism.
• Contributes to all mission planning and strategic developmental processes especially inputs related to results-based budgeting and reporting.
• Ensures liaison and coordination with partners, internal and external as related to gender equality
• Drafts, edits all final reporting and written materials from the Gender Team and reports regularly to HQ on gender activities; provides inputs to the Secretary-General's reports on Women, Peace and Security.
• Oversees the work of the section and supervises staff members.
• Represents the Mission on women peace and security issues where needed.
• Contributes to the effective functioning of established coordination mechanism for gender mainstreaming and the advancement of women's rights in country.
• Performs any other duties as required.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible policy, advisory and programme management experience at the national and international levels related to the promotion of gender equality, including at least five years at the international level, particularly with international organizations in conflict or post-conflict settings, is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in successfully integrating gender perspectives into political processes is required.
- Experience advising senior management is required.
- Experience managing a team is required.
- Experience working in the Middle East is required.
- Experience working in or in support of a field operation of the United Nations Common System or a comparable international or non-governmental organization is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this position, fluency in English and Arabic (both oral and written) is required.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]