- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Humanitarian
- Experience level:0-5 years
- Organisation type:Philanthropy
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Not specified
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
The GBV Specialist is responsible for defining and coordinating the implementation of GBV/protection strategy of the mission. This includes quality control, reporting, analysis, as well as mentoring, training and capacity strengthening of the staff and partners. The objective of this role is to provide technical guidance and advices ensuring the different activities of the programme are implemented according to internal guidelines and in line with international standards and principles.
– Contribute to the design of the protection/GBV strategy and provide technical support and assistance to the implementation of protection-related activities, in particular related to referrals, GBV prevention and response, and child protection (if relevant);
– Support project managers in the technical aspects of the implementation, ensuring cohesion and harmonization of protection activities and services across the different implementation sites within the mission;
– Provide technical support, advice and supervision to protection staff, including training to develop specialized skills in all protection-related topics identified, including the referral process; deliver trainings and workshops to non-protection staffs to build skills and knowledge of protection principles and enable them to mainstream protection in different sectors;
– Build protection capacity and provide training to national partners;
– Gather and analyse information related to available protection services;
– Ensure that protection data is collected, archived, processed, analysed and disseminated in an ethical manner, in accordance with internal data protection protocols and international standards;
– Ensure proper integration of gender, inclusion, disability and age into the protection program;
– Support the Project Managers in finalizing or ensuring protection mainstreaming, compliance with internal and international protection standards and appropriate technical language, both in the interventions and external reports;
– Undertake regular field visits to provide advice and technical supervision, and continuously monitor the progress of protection activities;
– Assess regularly protection needs and gaps of target populations in current and prospective areas of operations, periodically update the protection situation analysis and inform the programme teams accordingly; identify opportunities for new protection interventions and support assessments and development of new project proposals;
– Measure the impact of activities and identify best practices;
– In cooperation with the relevant staff, support the development of complaints mechanisms for beneficiaries and ensure that complaints are handled appropriately, and, as required, monitor the implementation of child protection (CP) and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) policies.
Required Professional Experience and Skills
– University degree in social science-related fields such as political science, international relations, international development, cooperation, sociology, psychology, human rights or similar subjects.
– Previous experience of working in complex emergency contexts;
– Demonstrated technical expertise in protection, including community-based protection, child protection, and gender-based violence;
– Fluent in English (written and spoken);
– Knowledge of Ukrainian is considered an asset.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]