• Helps to grow GSF’s income from a set of foundation, government, and multilateral donors, with a focus on flexible and high-quality funding.
• Manages day-to-day relations with assigned donor contacts to grow existing funding lines, build trust-based long-term relationships, and unlock new grants and core opportunities.
• Supports the Head of Global Partnerships, the Executive Director, and other senior colleagues in their donor outreach by providing donor intelligence, talking points, and logistical support.
• Works with other team members and the Communications Unit to systematically expand strategic donor communications.
• Develops a solid understanding of GSF’s work across all donor-relevant areas (Programmes, Operations, Finance, M&E, etc.) to be able to represent the organisation competently – seeking the advice and strategic involvement of relevant colleagues where needed to address donor questions and concerns.
• Prepares for and coordinates donor events and meetings as needed and ensures follow up.
Proposal development and grant management
• Coordinates and produces top-quality proposals and grant reports (and other donor collateral as required), facilitating internal communications across teams and ensuring the end result consistently meets deadlines, donor expectations, and the highest competitive standards.
• Keeps close track of reporting and other compliance requirements and coordinates responses to donor inquiries pertaining to financial, programmatic, operations or governance issues.
• Builds strong relationships across all teams and departments, taking time to learn about colleagues’ priorities and constraints and facilitate fruitful collaborations.
• Collaborates closely with Programmes, Finance and other relevant colleagues to compile timely and accurate inputs for funding proposals and donor reports.
• Works in unison with Global Partnerships and Communications colleagues to ensure coherent messaging and no duplication of effort.
• Applies skill and diplomacy to prevent or resolve internal conflicts, miscommunications, or frustration.
Prospect research and data management
• Researches, identifies and reviews suitable grant opportunities and requests for proposals.
• Compiles and shares comprehensive donor intelligence for the assigned donor portfolio.
• Maintains accurate records and regularly updates relevant donor data, using agreed formats and platforms.
• Degree in international affairs, political science, development studies or similar.
• 4+ years of experience and record of success in non-profit fundraising, preferably in the humanitarian, development, or human rights space.
• Substantial knowledge and expertise in institutional donor relations, especially with respect to key European and North American foundations, governments, and multilaterals.
• Some experience with major donors and the coordination of donor events or individual giving campaigns a plus.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Technological proficiency. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems a benefit.
• Understanding and use of donor/prospect research databases, search engines and systems.