- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Civil Society
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Right to work required in advance
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:South Africa
- Overseeing the planning and coordination of project activities and providing guidance on project implementation to the project team.
- Convenes and documents Monthly team meetings to review project status, conducts and documents monthly one-on-one staff supervision meetings, and provides ongoing mentorship to the team to ensure that their work is of a high standard, meets project goals and promotes staff development.
- Report monthly and quarterly on project progress to Sonke staff, management, stakeholders, and funders.
- Materials and curriculum development
- Revises existing materials and curriculum to ensure relevance and accuracy, oversee development of new curricula and other project-related materials.
- Contribute to ongoing RME&L, support the baseline, mid-term, and end of project evaluation of the project, coordinate focus country evaluations.
Training and capacity strengthening
- Conduct capacity assessment of the team and implementing partners to identify areas for development.
- Provide relevant tools and strategic information documents to community partners to help them in the implementation of programmatic work
- Support given to partner organisations.
- Periodic check in with partner organisations to provide support and guidance in the implementation of the project.
- Provide opportunities for partner organisations members for individual capacity development by linking them to training opportunities within Sonke and other strategic partners at national, regional and international levels.
- Ensure strict partner compliance to reporting Sonke and donor reporting requirements including programmatic and financial reporting.
- Provide constant feedback to partners on their performance regards to reporting compliance.
Strategic relationship building
- Establish, develop, and maintain a network of contacts and good working relations with stakeholders, donors and important government partners including relevant Departments and related agencies.
- Contribute to other shared program tasks, such as joint advocacy planning and development, information scanning, visitor orientation, promotion of Sonke and participate in organization.
- Supervise the development of the partners’ annual budgets and ensure that they represent the proposal in the work plans submitted and focus on the TOC pathways.
- Review of financial reports to ensure that expenditure is in line with requirements and with agreed work plans.
- Strategically develop budgets for project events for example meetings, trainings etc, ensuring they are within Sonke policies and donor requirements.
- Be available to represent and speak on behalf of Sonke at events, meetings, and conferences as required or requested.
- Availability to support Sonke training needs that may be outside the project
- Perform any other duties as agreed with the supervisor
- Participate in internal project review and Sonke/ CEM planning meetings
- Submit monthly reports, timesheets (where required) and M&E reports
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Social Sciences
- Postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
- 5-10 years of significant relevant professional experience in SRHR, project management within an international organization, designing and implementing complex/innovative programs.
- Extensive experience working in the SRHR space, remote programme management experience preferred.
- Proven remote project management experience.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Khoisan (Khoekhoe or Nama), English and Afrikaans proficiency is required.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]