Link has been copied to the clipboard
- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Humanitarian
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Inter-governmental
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:International contract
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Oversee and manage the design and formulation of programme proposals and initiatives; Identify programmatic areas for support and interventions within the gender in humanitarian action/refugee and nexus programming;
- Finalize country strategy documents, programme/ project proposals, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to gender in humanitarian action/refugee and nexus programming;
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation;
- Provide programme advisory support to the Office Management within the gender in humanitarian action/refugee and nexus portfolio;
- Provide technical advice to partners; oversee the provision of technical guidance by the team
- Build, manage, and expand relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the gender in humanitarian action/refugee and nexus programming programme; respond to any potential problems;
- Manage the process of monitoring the programme/ project implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools;
- Finalize quarterly reports and donor reports, focusing on results, output and outcomes;
- Manage the programme budget and finalize financial reports;
- Manage the human resources of the program; mentor and coach staff and conduct performance assessments;
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Finalize relevant documentation on donors and develop potential opportunities for resource mobilization;
- Provide substantive technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by attending meetings, events, and participating in groups and committees;
- Co-chair with UNHCR the Inter-Sectoral Gender Advisory Team under the ISWG;
8. Lead advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Represent UN Women in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to gender in humanitarian action/refugee and nexus programming;
- Manage advocacy strategies and their implementation;
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian or nexus projects;
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]