Link has been copied to the clipboard
- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:10+ years
- Organisation type:Development Bank
- Remote option:No
- Right to work requirements:Right to work required in advance
- Salary: Not Disclosed
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:United States
• Set and implement IFC’s global thought leadership agenda to champion new gender and inclusion solutions from a wide range of perspectives, positioning IFC as a thought leader on relevant topics, such as financial resilience, digital inclusion, supply chains, care economy, gender-based violence, bottom of the pyramid, innovative financing instruments, women leadership etc.
• Oversee and guide analytics and research efforts on the topic of gender and economic inclusion, from inception to production and delivery, ensuring provision of high-quality, actionable and rigorous research and insights for internal (industry/regional) and external clients and partners. Champion global knowledge and innovation.
• Stay abreast of industry and regulatory trends globally that may impact new and existing thought leadership. Actively track promising and evidence-based practices and innovations to enable and support IFC’s implementation of gender and inclusion operations.
• Oversee corporate gender strategy development and implementation, supporting the WBG Gender Strategy Update, the IFC’s 2030 Gender and Inclusion Vision, and beyond. Provide insights on gender for IFC’s corporate-wide strategy processes. Ensure effective analysis, reporting and communication for Management and the Board, in collaboration with WB and MIGA when relevant.
• Develop and oversee implementation of a knowledge management and learning strategy for the GEID Department, and across IFC on gender and inclusion topics. Foster learning, ensuring that lessons learned are considered, disseminated, and integrated into subsequent thought leadership engagements, strategy, research and client solution development/improvement.
• Connect and liaise with leadership of WB and MIGA on research and thought leadership opportunities, particularly with the Bank’s Gender Innovation Labs.
• Connect and liaise with Economics and Private Sector Development Vice Presidency on publications and development impact. Support and enable stronger focus on gender outcomes, strengthening data collection and portfolio analysis as well as measurement, monitoring & evaluation.
• Integrate gender and inclusion issues across IFC’s thought leadership and knowledge management efforts and strategy, developing close and effective working relationships with economists and strategists.
• Represent IFC on gender and economic inclusion issues in the private sector. Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including private sector companies and organizations, industry associations, and other DFIs, development partners in close collaboration with Blended Finance, Partnerships and IFC Industry/Regional Operations. Leverage bold ideas generated internally and build new, surprising, and impactful opportunities for external engagement.
• Commitment to development and a proven track record showing alignment with the World Bank Group and IFC's mission, strategy, and values.
• Excellent leadership and people management skills, particularly demonstrated in a complex organizational setting with responsibilities for leading and managing large, multi-faceted, projects and functions in partnership with other stakeholders.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]