Link has been copied to the clipboard
Co-Director, Alliance for Feminist Movements
Association for Women's Rights in Development (AWID)Remote (global)
- Career category:Programme/ Project design & management
- Job type:Job
- Humanitarian or Development:Development
- Experience level:5-10 years
- Organisation type:Civil Society
- Remote option:Remote (global)
- Right to work requirements:Anyone can apply
- Salary: $ 90959 / yearly
- Work schedule:Full-time
- Length of contract:Temporary/ Fixed-term
- Location:Remote (global)
● The provision of strategic leadership for the development and implementation of the Alliance’s programmatic strategy and related projects and activities, in alignment with Alliance principles and its ways of working,
● Hold a bird’s eye view of all the Alliance’s ongoing and upcoming work to maintain its strategic focus, ensure the coherence with the directions of the Steering Group and connection with the membership of the Alliance
● Providing feminist leadership, direction, support and mentorship for the Alliance team, while proactively supporting their well-being, sustainability and creative engagement with an eye for growth of staff capacity and responsibilities
● Report to and liaise with the Alliance’s Steering Group on behalf of the
Management of Alliance Secretariat
Responsible for development and implementation of Alliance strategies and related work plans, including the development, monitoring of indicators and other mechanisms to evaluate the work and its achievements, in coordination with the Steering Group
Develop, monitor, and adhere to the Alliance’s budget, ensuring adherence to host organization’s financial controls, and financial and organizational policies and procedures
Ensure the timely and effective implementation of Alliance deliverables, including all projects/activities, reports and evaluations
Steering Group Support and Liaison
Assist the Steering Group to undertake an annual self-evaluation to support
strong functioning of that group.
External Relations & Advocacy
Lead development and oversight of the Alliance’s advocacy strategy, including definition of key relationships to pursue and strengthen.
Ensure appropriate alignment and coordination among Alliance stakeholders taking part in Alliance-related advocacy and external relations
Proactively monitor the external landscape to identify critical emerging issues and actors that are relevant to the Alliance’s objectives and advocacy priorities
Team leadership, development and support
Promote a culture of high quality performance and professional development and growth that values learning, shared leadership and teamwork and is grounded in values of intersectional feminism and anti-oppression.
Lead, mentor and provide strategic direction to reporting staff who may be working remotely in multiple locations across multiple time zones
Model and facilitate wellbeing practices
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
● More than 8 years of experience in a similar role with at least 5 years within a non-profit development, gender, human rights and/or funding organization.
● Extensive experience in project and program management, research, and/or advocacy; ability to develop, monitor and evaluate an operational plan with multiple projects, multiple deliverables and deadlines; ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes.
● Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and analytically, with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills, displays good judgment.
*When clicking on “Apply”, you will be redirected to the original job announcement and details
*There are individuals who may use GenderJobs.org name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. GenderJobs.org does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone pretending to be GenderJobs.org, please contact us at [email protected]